About Pasture Poultry Eggs
When buying Pasture Poultry eggs you can be assured that they have been laid by hens that are genuinely organic, free range, and fresh from our friendly little farm.
Pasture Poultry eggs are by far and away the most tasty eggs you will try. A comment often made is “the eggs taste like they used to’”.
It has been shown that free range eggs compared to conventional eggs may contain:
- 1/3 less cholesterol
- 1/4 less saturated fat
- 2/3 more vitamin A
- 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
- 3 times more vitamin E
- 7 times more beta carotene
Our hens are free to range wherever they choose, meaning their diet is varied and their eggs full of flavour and nutrition.
Organic means our farm is run according to specific principles:
• No chemical fertilisers or sprays are allowed to be used
• No residues are passed through to the eggs
• Our chickens exceed minimum space requirements by 3-4 times – they really are free to roam with no fences holding back
Organic farming is also sustainable: It increases biological soil activity, maintains long term soil fertility and promotes the healthy use of soil, water and air as well as minimising all forms of pollution that may result from agricultural practices.